I have set up a mirrored custom field for a field of a type that cannot be selected for view or grouping in Jira Plans. The field is not meant to be seen or updated by users and I have an automation that populates it or changes it when its mirror is updated. My problem is that the automation hits the webhook for Jira Cloud for Teams and sends people notifications of the update of the field. This looks like annoying spam and defeats my purpose of low visibility.
I checked against Rovo and it suggested the instructions below. I had the Teams admin check and he can't see anything like this menu path. Does anyone have experience suppressing field-level changes on the Teams end in some similar way? Since these are individual people's feeds, not a channel feed of changes, I either need a simple change they can make individually OR I need a clean way to do it at the app root level. If it makes any difference my Jira Cloud Teams app version is 2024.09.11
Very frustrated that there's not a Teams/Slack suppression available (per Rovo) like there is for email suppression. If anyone has an open ticket requesting this, I'd also love to know it so I can upvote it.
Rovo instructions:
Adjust the Teams app notification filters
In the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app settings (configured per-channel or per-user), there are filters for which field changes trigger a notification. If your Teams admin can configure the app to exclude notifications for changes to Org Unit (customfield_18922), that would suppress it at the source. This is the most targeted fix.