Starting in September, they are planning on enforcing a limitation to the number of grants per permissions scheme of 50 total grants. I do understand the rationale for this. However, in my opinion, it is completely unrealistic that we could achieve this limitation.
From what I have seen, most of our permission schemes have in the neighborhood of 45 permissions on each. For example, we have one that has 46 permissions on it, which means only 4 of those can have more than 1 grant applied in any one scheme.
Additionally, making it even more unrealistic is the fact that the 'atlassian-addons-project-access' gets automatically applied to each permission by Atlassian if you have any add-on apps (which I assume nearly everyone has at least one of as they are extremely common for expansion of functionality). We did not create this role, we cannot prevent its usage, and in many cases we cannot safely remove it without a negative impact to application functionality. However, once you factor the automatic additional and assignment of this role into the process, it leaves only 5 permissions in total that we are able to self-assign.
I hope we are not the only customers to be in this predicament. Please share your thoughts on this Atlassian-planned restriction. Thanks for your insight.