Our Jira workflow now includes an approval step. Is there a way to approve a Jira issue directly from Microsoft Teams?
I know this has been supported for Jira Service Management (JSM), but I'm specifically asking about standard Jira Software issues.
Hi @Phương Hoàng Thị MaiWelcome to the Atlassian Community!
As far as I'm aware, this isn't supported natively for standard Jira Software approvals.
The ability to approve directly from Microsoft Teams is currently available for Jira Service Management approval requests. For Jira Software workflows, I couldn't find any Atlassian documentation indicating that approvals can be completed directly from Teams.
That said, if you're open to a custom solution, it is possible to build one. For example, you could use:Microsoft Power Automate or a Teams bot to present Approve/Reject actions and call the Jira REST API to transition the issue.
I did that solution on our Jira Data Center, using Power Automate, to send Jira SM approval to the approver, and they can approve/reject the ticket directly from Teams.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.