Hi
I just con not understand the logic behind the search engine of Linked work items.
I have issue "PRB-2023" and I write 2023 and it shows everything else but not that - this drives me nuts
Hi, @Martin Vali
The search field for linked work items does a text search across the issue summary, not the issue key. So when you type "2023", it's matching that string against titles/descriptions — that's why you're seeing unrelated results that happen to contain "2023" in their text.
To find PRB-2023 specifically, type the full issue key PRB-2023 in the search field. That should return it directly.
It's a bit counterintuitive, but the search prioritizes summary text over issue key numbers when you only type a partial number.
Hope that helps...
That is sooo frustrating to me as well, if I don't type in the thing from the beginning it doesn't show up, I want it to work with just the numbers
Hello
Your Work Item isn´t closed by Chance ?
Best,
Arek🤠
Nope
Kind of understand, but it's frustrating - Like @zoltanersek _outpostlabs_dev_ - I'm a number person
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.