Hey everyone,
I was told to post here by @Tinker Fadoua so just wanted to reach out.
I've been sitting with this problem for a while: a few months back someone asked me to pull a report on our Jira app usage and I realized, I have no idea what's actually being used in my org. We're paying for apps that might be gathering dust and I can't even tell which ones.
I dug around and found ECO-470 on Atlassian's feedback board (383 votes, open for over 4 years). We're all hacking together workarounds, emailing vendors, squinting at audit logs.
What are you all doing today to track app usage? I'm curious from both sides:
- As a vendor: do your apps provide usage analytics to customers? How do you share that data?
- As an admin: what's your process for auditing which Marketplace apps are still valuable vs. dead weight?
Also interesting that Jira Data Center had some app usage tracking but Cloud doesn't seems like a gap that's been open for years (ECO-470, ECO-985, CLOUD-12134).
Would love to hear your approaches, even the messy ones. And if any of you are building tools in this space, I'd love to learn what you're working on.