Hi everyone,
I’m currently learning Confluence and other Atlassian tools to help bridge skill gaps on my résumé and prepare for roles that use these platforms.
Are there any work aids, checklists, guides, or other resources that explain:
What a user can generally expect from a standard, out-of-the-box Confluence setup
Which commonly used features typically require administrator configuration or customization
Which features may depend on Marketplace apps, integrations, or a company’s specific plan
What may be difficult to practice without access to a company environment or paid sandbox
I understand that every organization may configure Confluence differently, and I have heard that some companies purchase sandbox environments specifically for testing their own workflows and customizations. Because of that, I’m trying to better understand where standard product training ends and employer-specific knowledge begins.
My goal is to set realistic expectations for myself and future employers, while also becoming better equipped to recognize opportunities for improved workflows, additional features, integrations, or customization.
Any advice from experienced Confluence users, administrators, or consultants would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!