Hi,
I'm authenticated on SourceTree (via API Token) yet I can't fetch, push to remote repository:
Hi @Michalina Tylska ,
Any chance you can try using OAuth instead of API tokens? I've seen a couple of discussions around this and it would seem that OAuth works much better than this method. 👀
Also, if we're talking about API tokens, can you maybe try clearing out all auth credentials from credential manager and then re-adding the token to see if that will help?
There are a couple of discussions/questions and answers around this area, so I'd recommend checking them out:
Cheers,Tobi
Hi @Tomislav Tobijas ,
Thank you for this.
I have tried clearing Credentials and reinserting API token and that didn't change anything.
For the OAuth seems like that didn't change anything as well and error still occuring.
Just to confirm - you're on Mac or Windows? Also, which version of Sourcetree are you currently running?
There's also this suggestion by another user on the existing bug report:
...After upgrading the embedded Git in SourceTree then it started to work...
Potentially this could work 🤔
Thanks! I'm on Windows 11 and I got the latest version of SourceTree: 3.4.31. I tried adding API token to URL and still get the error. I had run through this forum for few days now and tried few (if not all) suggested fixes but still no luck so I decided to post myself to see if that would get me anywhere.
@Michalina Tylska
I know this one is little bit old but you never know:
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Bitbucket-questions/Authentication-Failed-cant-access-own-bitbucket-repo-due-to-quot/qaq-p/2427770
Hi @Michalina Tylska
Looks like your issue has been resolved. Would you mind accepting the answer?
Thanks,Anwesha
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.