Hi Community,
I'm building an automation rule that retrieves a Zendesk ticket and adds its details as a comment on a Jira issue. I'm following the documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/use-zendesk-with-automation/
My automation flow:
- Trigger: Issue created
- Create variable:
{{ZDID}} — extracts ZD ticket number from summary - Get Zendesk ticket — using
{{ZDID}} as Ticket ID ✅ - Add comment to work item — ❓
The problem:
Step 3 ("Get Zendesk ticket") executes successfully according to the Audit Log. However, I don't know what smart value to use in Step 4 to reference the data returned by the "Get Zendesk ticket" action.
For example, if I want to add a comment with the Zendesk ticket's subject, status, or description — what is the correct syntax?
I've tried things like:
{{getZendeskTicket.subject}}{{zendesk.ticket.subject}}{{steps.getZendeskTicket.subject}}
But none seem to work.
My question:
What is the correct smart value path to access the response data from the "Get Zendesk ticket" action in subsequent steps?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!