Here's something I've been sitting with: few months back someone asked me to pull a report on our Jira app usage and I realized, I have no idea what's actually being used in my org. We're paying for apps that might be gathering dust and I can't even tell which ones.
I dug around and found ECO-470 on Atlassian's feedback board (383 votes, open for over 4 years, Four years!). That's when I knew this wasn't just my problem.
So I've been exploring building a Forge app to solve it for myself first, honestly. Not because I think there's a market opportunity (though clearly there is), but because every Jira admin I talk to has the same story. We're all hacking together workarounds, emailing vendors, squinting at audit logs.
What are you all doing today to track app usage? I feel like we're all figuring this out the hard way. Would love to hear your approaches, even the messy ones.
Also interesting that Jira already had this on DC but cloud doesnt for some reason?