Hello,
Is there a way to put an out of office message in JIRA so the clients and other linked departments know you are not available? Something that is similar to what is done for emails in the Outlook system.
Thanks
Robbin
Hi @Robbin Miculinich
You mean on your Jira site? so users see the message when they access?
If so, have you thought of native announcement Banner?
Unfortunately, Jira Cloud doesn’t have a native, account-wide out-of-office toggle that marks someone unavailable or automatically redirects their work.
There is no native out-of-office badge on a user’s avatar or issue view; the user profile supports details such as role, location, and time zone, but not a dated availability status.
I think your option would be to check out a third-party app on the marketplace. Taking a quick look, I found https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211752/out-of-office-assistant (note: I DO NOT endorse this app; this is just for showing an example).
If you're using JSM and are interested not only in notifications but also in work reassignment, then you have an official article by Atlassian to look at: https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/automatically-reassign-issues-of-agents-who-are-on-vacation-with-user-properties/
I hope this helps in any way!
- Pablo / ServiceRocket SSE
Yes, that is what I mean, but I've never heard of a native announcement Banner? We have started using the system full time now, so we are still adjusting to all the ways it works. Can you please instruct share more about this Banner if you can.
I agree with @Pablo V_ , there isn't a native out-of-office feature in Jira Cloud that automatically notifies customers or other users that someone is unavailable.
We've been using the Out of Office Assistant app that Pablo mentioned in our own environment, and it does exactly what you'd expect for this use case. It allows you to configure out-of-office periods and helps manage assignments while users are away.You can configure Coverer to assign issues to them during the period and make comments that you are OOO.
If you go to Settings - Announcement Banner, you can write the message.
It can be a plain text as below or write a fancy HTML script if you like to link a mail or teams/slack channel. Make sure, it is visible to users.
Would that be your expectation?
If @Pablo V_ mentioned is your expectation, then I echo that information.
Hi Robbin,
Jira doesn't have a built-in equivalent of Outlook's automatic out-of-office replies that notify people assigning work to you.
If you're looking for this functionality, there are Marketplace apps that can help. One option is Out of Office Sync for Jira and Microsoft, which synchronizes your Microsoft/Outlook out-of-office status with Jira so teammates can see when you're unavailable and avoid assigning work during that period.
Hope that helps!
All the best,
Klaida
Thanks, Klaida,
That does help I will pass that information along. Maybe we can adopt that solution. It would definitely add to our JIRA experience.
Again, I appreciate all the helpful tips.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.