Hello,
I'm evaluating Jira Cloud and noticed something unusual when creating global custom fields.
When I go to:
Jira Settings → Issues → Fields → Create custom field
I can only choose these field types:
- URL field
- Checkboxes
- User Picker (single user)
- Radio Buttons
- Labels
- Number Field
- Select List (cascading)
- Select List (single choice)
- Select List (multiple choices)
Standard field types such as:
- Text Field (single line)
- Paragraph (multi-line text)
- Date Picker
- Date Time Picker
are missing.
According to the Atlassian documentation, these field types should normally be available.
Could you please confirm whether this is:
1. Expected behavior for my Jira Cloud site,
2. A limitation of my plan,
3. A permission issue,
4. Or a problem with the new field creation UI?
I have Jira Administrator permission.
I'm using the Jira Cloud Free trial.
Is this expected behavior for the new UI, or could there be something wrong with my site?
Thank you.