Hello!
We're creating a service ticketing tool with Customer Service Management (CSM), and I'm currently customizing everything on the board. I'd like to ask if anyone can suggest the best practice for the following scenario:
I want to have a field (for example, a dropdown) where I can select which of our products (e.g., Product A or Product
a ticket refers to.
At the moment, I'm using the default Labels field to indicate whether a ticket is for Test, Production, POC, and so on. I considered adding the product information there as well, but I think having a dedicated field would be much better. It would also allow customers to select the relevant product (if I can figure out how to link it!) when creating a ticket through the customer portal, which we don't use yet but plan to in the future.
I've been looking into Custom Fields in the Jira Administration settings, but I'm still unsure about the best way to implement this. I thought I'd ask here to see what the recommended best practices are 
Thank you in advance!