When working in Confluence, I can't seem to find a straightforward way to search for existing Jira requests from within a Confluence space. This means users often need to switch between Confluence and Jira, perform separate searches, and still may not find relevant existing requests. As a result, duplicate requests can be created unnecessarily.
Desired capability
From within a Confluence space, provide a search function that can:
- Search a specific Jira project (space) and work type
- Return matching Jira tickets
- Allow users to quickly identify whether a similar request already exists before raising a new one.
Has anyone implemented a Confluence-based search that can query Jira projects and filter by work type? If so, what solution or approach have you used, and how effective has it been?
Example user journey:
Before raising a new request, I navigate to the relevant Confluence space, search for in this case a supplier, and see matching Jira requests. This allows me to determine whether the request has already been raised.
Already tried:
I have created a /jira with all tasks and added a /live search, but it doesn't search the table within the same page.
I can use a JQL but that will involve allowing the page to be edited by multiple people and risks the page being changed and training how to do the JQL
I am wondering if this is outside the realm of confluence capabilities or my own experience - so let me know if you can help 