i have watched several issue on our JIRA software, However I am not receiving any email when there is an update going on. What am I missing?
Hi,
Watchers will get notifications if:
Either of these is not true. Please check your projects and the notification schemes.
Tibor
I have almost the exact same issue, however:
Ideas?
Was this ever resolved? We have been experiencing very similar problem since our upgrade to 7.2 --- All Watchers are not receiving emails. Although, All Watchers are configured in the notification scheme to get notified almost on every action.
We're having a similar issue with All Watchers in the notification scheme, however, it's the opposite. We have All Watchers on the Issue Updated event, but we're getting emails right after an email is created saying the reporter updated the issue. What's really strange is A) The issue was created, not updated. I'm not a watcher on the issue, especially since it was JUST created. Does anyone have this issue?
What's even stranger is that JIRA is telling me I shouldn't get a notification.
Follow the steps:
Hope this helps.
Bonus: If someone is still not receiving notification
Jira will tell you whether the person has received a notification. If not, why.
Abhideep, thanks for posting on this issue. Our setup exactly follows your steps; All Watchers is associated with the Issue Updated event and others, but watchers don't receive emails. To be more accurate, Jira doesn't initiate sending an email on these events for watchers.
Reporters and Assignee receive the emails fine, but not watchers. This feature used to work as expected until we upgraded our version to 7.2.
Even the Notification helper says the user should be receiving emails as a watcher, see the screenshot below, but no email are being sent.
You are welcome if you can suggest how to debug or fix the problem.
@Ross Angelov - I second your comment. The only difference is we are on version 7.8.4
Is anyone able to confirm this is still a bug?
still, we are facing the same issues with Jira version v7.13.0#, Default watchers are not receiving the issues created/updated notifications.
Even I am also facing same issue. Not able to receive any email from Jira.
This is still an open bug, please correct.
Can confirm on 8.4.1, watchers not getting mails (no attempt being made either as per outgoing mail log) despite correct configuration and notification helper telling me that the auser should be notified. Notification scheme works fine for 159 projects, does bug out on 2 projects (sadly important ones)
Is there a documented bug somewhere we could vote on? It isnt really a good look if such an important feature isnt working dependably and the issue is known since four years
After this setting, my watchers started to get notifications.
Version: 8.5.5
I am on 8.10.1 and the issue really seems to be happening with the Batching email notifications
Has this been looked at again?I turned off the Batch emails and it seems to be sending the updates. But that is very cumbersome for some users, and very annoying for others. How is the batch controlled? is there some service it depends on?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.