Hi,
I'm on the issue page (e.g. https://xyz.atlassian.net/browse/AG-100) and see the comments in the Activity section. I have the rights to edit and delete comments (and checked it with the "Permission Helper").
But I don't find the button to edit or delete the comment (I would expect it, where my mouse arrow is in this picture).
Any ideas?
have you checked is there any workflow properties are configured on status/transitions.
http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html
check this link if you have doubt
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Commenting+on+an+Issue
please check the permission scheme of the project where the issue is created. Check whether you have permission for the project that you are currently residing.
Make sure you have the "edit own comments" permission for the project the issue belongs to
I ckecked it with the "Permission Helper" and he told me that I have all rights for editing and deleting my own and other comments on this project.
That is the problem - the issue is in the state "closed" and there the property "jira.issue.editable" is set to false.
But it is courios that I can add comments, but not change or delete them...
Hi Stefan,
Its strictly related with permission for "Edit own Comments" and you should associated with group which is having this permission.
Please recheck with admin rights whether you are associated with the correct group which is having the permission for "Edit own Comments.
Thanks,
Jayasingh
Ah, hang on, the "edit" property is separate from the "make comment" property. The "edit" property is stopping you from editing. If you want to block "add comment", then that's not an edit, and you need a different flag. I've got:
jira.permission.comment.user : denied
jira.issue.editable : false
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.