Hi all,
I'm using Jira Cloud in my organisation, and one of our projects has developed a strange problem: all tasks have disappeared from the list, board, and backlog views, and every sprint now shows as empty.
To be clear, this isn't the usual culprit. It's not trash, archiving, an active filter, or unmapped statuses. I've already worked through all the standard suggestions from the AI assistants, and none of them applied.
What's odd is that the data clearly still exists:
- In Reports, I see non-zero values. The charts correctly show how many tasks are at each stage.
- If I open a task via a direct link, it loads fine and I can view and edit it normally.
The behaviour has also been intermittent: after several days, all the tasks suddenly reappeared and everything worked normally for about two days, and then they all disappeared again.
So the tasks are still there and fully functional. They're just not reliably appearing in any of the standard board, backlog, or list views for this project.
Has anyone run into this before, or does anyone know what might cause tasks to be hidden from the board/backlog while still surfacing in reports and direct links? Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks!