I'm unable to connect to our Jira environment or save the connection when trying to setup an automated flow via Power Automate. I use the available connector for Jira Cloud V3 have tried both O Auth and API connectors and have tried on every permission level of Jira account without success. Has anyone successfully setup a Power Automate flow with their Jira space to create a new issue?
Hey Ed,
I build a lot of Power Automate flows where I work and also support our Jira site, I haven't used the Jira Cloud V3 connector to create work items though.
I found a great reference that I would recommend reviewing: Jira Power Automate Connector
In this reference it gives several known issues and limitations, listed below.
Project
Project Key
If you haven't had a chance yet, I would highly recommend reviewing these.
What error are seeing?
If possible, please share the exact error message here.
Also, if you're able to get the flow to run and an action fails, please share the input and output from that failed action. That will help identify whether the issue is with the Jira connection, authentication, permissions, or the action configuration itself.
Just be sure to remove sensitive information (URLs, emails, tokens, IDs, etc.) before posting it.
Hi Jason,
Going through your detailed list thank you! Do you know what could cause "Unable to parse Jira configuration. 'projects' are empty" error? Also, haven't seen a connector for Jira "Create Issue" that was anything other than that V3 connector previously mentioned. That is all I'm trying to attempt to do to start. Should be simple right? Right?
The above list was from this documentation Jira Power Automate Connector .
For your error, I actually found something that's a little old (2024) about that, Unable to create a new issue in Jira from a Microsoft Form submission via Power Automate .
Sounds like your flow is having issues grabbing a list of projects from your site and from the above refence Atlassian was aware of it, but mentions it's likely an issue with the connector and "the Jira connector is not developed or maintained by Atlassian".
They recommend:
I also think my question in the first comment is still relevant, as it looks like you are running the flow and it's failing. Can you share the input and output of the failing action, this will give us so much more information on what's going on here, why it's failing. To share this just click on the failed run from your flows details page, it will open that run, from there click on the action that failed, in the left hand side you will see "show raw inputs" and "show raw outputs", when you click these it opens a pane on the right, copy past all that into a comment here, be careful to cover up/remove any sensitive information though. Note if you are worried about sharing this information on a public forum, you could always write up what we have discussed here with the error and this input/output, paste it into Copilot, Cursor, or whatever AI you use and it will likely help guide you as well.
Last, a couple easy things to check:
Should be simple, maybe, sometimes these things error out and we just have to dig into the output to find the issue, your output of the failed action should tell us what the issue is.
Thanks Jason! Here are the inputs and outputs:
{"inputs": {"host": {"connectionName": "shared_jira_1","operationId": "CreateIssue_V3","apiId": "/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_jira"},"parameters": {"X-Request-Jirainstance": "CLASSIFIED","projectKey": "Retail Alchemy","issueTypeIds": "Story"},"authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')"}}
The dynamic operation request to API 'jira' operation 'ListIssueTypesFields_V2' failed with status code 'BadGateway'. Error response: { "error": { "code": 502, "message": "Unable to parse Jira configuration. 'projects' are empty.", "source": "msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net", "path": "choose[1]\\when[1]\\choose[1]\\when[6]", "policyId": "", "clientRequestId": "6c722678-0796-49ea-8c04-c172fa9659f0", "dreeSet": "true" } }
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.