Hi all,
We're on a Jira Cloud Free plan and running into an issue with Project Shortcuts that I can't resolve on my own (I'm Global Admin on the site).
Issue: When adding a new Project Shortcut, the UI confirms "saved successfully," but the shortcut never appears in the list — not after reload, not after hard refresh.
Steps to reproduce:
Troubleshooting already done:
Since we're on the Free plan, I don't have access to a direct support ticket. Has anyone else seen this, or does anyone from the Atlassian team have insight into what might cause this?
Thanks in advance!
Hi, @Dimitris Sigalas! 👋
A few extra things I would check:
Try with a very simple public URL, for example <a href="https://www.atlassian.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://www.atlassian.com</a>
<a href="https://www.atlassian.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://www.atlassian.com</a>
Avoid local/internal-only URLs for the test, just in case validation is behaving oddly
Check whether the shortcut name contains any special characters
Ask another site/project admin to try the same action
Check the browser dev tools/network tab to see whether the save request returns an error, even though the UI says “saved successfully”
I tried to reproduce this on my own Jira Cloud Free plan instance, but the shortcut was created successfully. I also wasn't able to find a matching known bug in Atlassian's public Jira, so hopefully one of the checks above helps narrow it down 💙
Thank you for your help. Everything now works fine without doing anything
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.