Hi Team,
I'm fetching Confluence space permissions using the REST API. For each permission entry, I retrieve the user details.
Out of 10 users with "accountType": "atlassian", the API returns the email address for 9 users, but for one user the email field is blank.
I've already checked the user's profile visibility settings, and the email visibility is set to "Only you and admins/everyone". However, I'm still unable to determine why the email is not being returned for this specific user while it is returned for the others.
API: f"{base_url}/rest/api/space/{space_key}?expand=permissions"
Could you please help clarify the following?
Is there any additional user, site, or organization setting that controls whether the email address is returned by the API?
Is there any UI setting that an administrator can enable or disable to consistently return (or hide) email addresses for all users?
Is this behavior expected for managed Atlassian accounts, or are there any API scopes or permissions required to retrieve email addresses for every user?
If there is an administrative setting, could you please share the navigation path to configure it?
Thanks,