I am having an issue where tickets exist but do not show in the backlog page in either backlog or sprint so I cannot build and start a new sprint. Even when I manually assign tickets to the sprint they do not show.
Summary: Team-managed Scrum board renders zero work items in the backlog and sprint, even though the issues exist and are returned by JQL.
Environment:
- Site: bubblingsearch.atlassian.net
- Team-managed software project, key: AVS
- Board: "AVS board"
Symptom:
- The Backlog list and the future sprint "AVS Sprint 9" both display 0 work items.
- The Start sprint button is greyed out because no items render in the sprint.
- This began immediately after I released a version on 30th June.
Evidence the issues exist and should be visible:
- `project = AVS AND status = "To Do"` returns multiple stories/bugs — none render on the backlog.
- `project = AVS AND status = "To Do" AND fixVersion is EMPTY` returns the same tickets (so fix version is not the cause).
- `project = AVS AND Sprint = "AVS Sprint 9"` returns 7 work items, yet the sprint shows 0.
- I created a brand-new work item directly in the Backlog (key: [AVS-XXX]). It saved successfully and is fully accessible via its direct URL, but it does NOT appear in the backlog view.
Configuration already verified as correct (so this is not a setup issue):
- No version filter, quick filter, or any other filter is applied on the backlog.
- Column/status mapping is correct: To Do and In Progress are mapped to columns well to the left of the rightmost column; the Done (rightmost) column has a status mapped to it; there are no unmapped statuses.
- The board belongs to project AVS.