Hi community,
I received an email warning that my Jira app atlassian.net would be deactivated on 2026-07-14 due to inactivity. I wanted to understand how activity is measured and what I can do to avoid this happening in the future.
My situation: I have a Jira user account that I use primarily as a bot/automation account. The account interacts with Jira constantly through the Atlassian REST API using a Personal Access Token — creating issues, transitioning statuses, querying projects, and logging work. However, this account rarely logs in through a browser or the mobile app.
My questions:
- Does API activity (REST API calls via PAT) count as "account activity" for inactivity monitoring purposes, or does Atlassian only track browser/app logins?
- Is the inactivity warning at the site level (the whole Jira app) or the user account level?
- What is the inactivity threshold — how long before a warning is sent and before deactivation occurs?
- Is there a way to exempt an automation/bot account from inactivity deactivation?
- Does opening the board in the Jira mobile app count as activity?
Any guidance from the community or Atlassian staff would be appreciated. Thanks!