I reframe my question differently as I have not expressed myself clearly. Do we need Premium subscription to have 0 parent for level -1?
This usually depends on how the platform defines hierarchy, not the subscription tier itself. In most systems, “level 1” vs “level 0” parent-child mapping is a configuration/design choice, not something locked behind Premium. So in a standard subscription, you can typically still assign or define a level 0 parent if the system supports that structure.
Hi Rim,
No, you don't need Premium to have a hierarchy of Level 0 and Level -1. You also do not need Premium to have Level 1, Level 0 and Level -1. You only need Premium when you add Level 2.
Hello @Jira user
In your earlier post today I provided a reply outlining the native and default work item hierarchy that exists in Jira in the Free and Standard plans.
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Story-in-Work-type-missing/qaa-p/3254667#M1184029
Level 1: Epic|-- Level 0: standard issue types (i.e. Task, Bug, Story, Feature) |-- Level -1: sub-tasks
Epics, at Level 1, can be parents of work item types from Level 0. Work items types at Level 0 can be parents of work item types from Level -1.
Note that not all space templates will automatically create a space with items at each of these levels. Some space templates don't automatically include Epics. Some don't automatically include Sub-tasks.
If you are still struggling to confirm that this hierarchy is available in a specific space that you are using, we can help you with that. But you must first tell us the type of space you are using.
Get that information by clicking on the ellipsis button next to the project name in the navigation panel on the left. Provide us with a screen image of the pop-up or tell us what the last two lines in the pop-up say.
When you provide that information we can give you specific instructions on how to review what work item types are available in your space, and how you can change the work item types that are available.
Thank you for your feedback @John Funk When I want to create a Work Type, I can only see level 1 and 0 but I can't see -1, how can I fix that please?
Thank you for your feedback @Henry Collins When I want to create a Work Type, I can only see level 1 and 0 but I can't see -1, how can I fix that please?
I have the same screenshot. When I want to create a Work Type, I can only see level 1 and 0 but I can't see -1, is that normal?
Yes.
I addressed that question in another one of your earlier posts. Review the answer I provided here
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Hierarchy-1-not-showed-up-as-Work-Type-during-creattion-only-0/qaq-p/3254680
To create a work item of a type from Level -1 you must start from the view of an existing item of a type from Level 0, as I showed in the screen images in my other reply on your earlier post. If you are clicking Create options from other locations those will not allow you to create items of the types from Level -1.
HI @Jira user
From the initial creation of a work item, you can only use level 1 or 0.
Level -1 can only be created from within an existing 1 or 0 level work item, not initially, as the need to belong to a level 1 or 0 work item.
This is how the application works, this in not adjustable.
@Trudy P Claspill and @John Funk are completely correct here.
Hi Jira - you need to probably turn on the Sub-tasks. Go to Settings > Work Items > Sub-tasks and make sure they are turned on.
Then make make sure you add the Sub-task type to the Work type scheme used by that project/space.
Then you must create the Sub-task from a Level 0 wok item. Go to the Work item that is to be the parent and click either the + icon if the Sub-tasks section is not showing or go directly to that section.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.