Title: Unable to add Confluence app – “Site is behind on payments” + inactivity email on new site
Hi Team,
I’m facing an issue while trying to add Confluence to my Atlassian Cloud site.
Site URL: vishmaygroup.atlassian.net
Issue:
When I try to add Confluence (free plan) to my existing site, I get the following error:
“Unable to add app – This can happen when a site is behind on payments.”
Additional Context (Important):
I also received an email from Atlassian stating:
“Your subscription will be deactivated due to inactivity soon”
This is confusing because:
- The site appears to be treated as inactive
- But at the same time, I’m unable to activate/install Confluence due to a billing-related error
Current Situation:
- This is a newly created site
- I am trying to use the free version of Confluence
- I am an admin of this site
- Confluence is not installed
/wiki URL returns 404- Unable to activate the product
What I have tried:
- Adding Confluence via Atlassian Admin → Add app
- Logging out and logging back in
- Trying different browsers
- Accessing the site directly via
/wiki
Request:
Could someone please help:
- Check and reset the billing/subscription state of this site
- Clarify why the site is marked both “inactive” and “behind on payments”
- Enable installation of Confluence (free plan)
This seems like a provisioning or billing state issue on a newly created site.
Any guidance or support would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!