Hi,
I'm trying to create a Jira Automation rule where creating a task with a specific keyword automatically creates several subtasks with predefined settings.
For example:
I create a task with the summary:
Create Badge for Staff Party
Let's call this the Trigger Task.
Since the summary contains the word "Badge", I want the automation to:
- Add "This is a Badge task." to the Trigger Task description.
- Create a subtask with the summary "Badge Color" (Sub-task A).
- Create another subtask with the summary "Badge Animation" (Sub-task
.
For Sub-task B, I want the Original Estimate to depend on the Trigger Task's summary:
- If the summary contains "Party" → 8h
- If the summary contains "Festival" → 16h
- If it contains neither "Party" nor "Festival" → 10h
Rovo (the AI assistant) suggested using the following formula directly in the Original Estimate field:
<span>{{#if(issue.summary.matches("(?i).*(Party|Parties).*"))}}8h{{#elseif(issue.summary.matches("(?i).*(Festival).*"))}}16h{{#else}}10h{{/if}}</span>However, the automation fails when it reaches that action.
Is this type of conditional expression supported in the Original Estimate field? If not, what would be the recommended approach to achieve this without creating multiple separate automation branches?
Thanks in advance!