Hi Community,
I’m working on a Jira Service Management form with Jira Automation and Jira Assets, and I’d appreciate guidance on the best approach.
I have a form with multiple conditional questions and approver assignment logic based on the selected answers. In particular:
Scenario 1:
- If GDP = No, another question appears: Architecture patterns required or not
- If Yes, a checkbox list is shown with:
- Data Pattern
- Security Pattern
- Infrastructure
- Integration Pattern
- AI Pattern
- check whether the selected Business Unit exists in Jira Assets under Trusted Business Unit
- If it exists, I assign the related approvers to the Approvers field
- I also have additional Yes/No conditional questions that affect approver assignment
Scenario 2:
- If GDP = No, another question appears: Architecture patterns required or not
- If No, selected
- I check whether the selected Business Unit exists in Jira Assets under Trusted Business Unit
- If it exists, I assign the related approvers to the Approvers field
- I also have additional Yes/No conditional questions that affect approver assignment
At the moment, I have split the logic into multiple automations because of the 65 component limit in Jira Automation. For one scenario, I use around 6–7 automations, and for another scenario, around 5–6 automations. These automations run in parallel.
The issue I’m facing is:
- Sometimes the automations skip assigning some approvers to the Approvers field
- When I send the email to approvers at the end, some recipients are missing
- I tried adding delays between automations, and that helped somewhat, but the issue still happens occasionally
My concern is whether using multiple parallel automations is the right approach here, or if there is a better design pattern to avoid missing approvers while staying within the Jira Automation component limit.
Could anyone please suggest:
- The best way to structure this logic
- How to avoid race conditions when multiple automations update the same Approvers field
- Whether there is a better approach than splitting into many parallel automations
- Any recommended workaround for the 65 component limit
Thanks in advance for your help.