Hi community,
I try to create an Jira issue via
"/rest/api/3/issue"with payload:{ "fields" : { "project" : { "key" : "ABCD", "id" : 10463 }, "issuetype" : { "id" : "10037" }, "summary" : "Connector generierte UserStory" }}
Unfortunately I always get "Geben Sie eine gültige Projekt-ID oder einen gültigen Schlüssel an"
When I try the same payload in RESTman with the same auth token the issue is successfully created.
The project id matches the project key. I checked it via the /project/search REST endpoint.
In RESTman I used the same auth token like in my Java application. Reading issues and projects works. Only creating issues doesn't.
I also tried to proivide only project id or key. Same result.
Any hints?
Found the answer in this post: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/java-unirest-client-jira-cloud-api/49877/6
The API documentation is wrong!
HttpResponse<JsonNode> response = Unirest.post("https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue") .basicAuth("email@example.com", "<api_token>") .header("Accept", "application/json") .header("Content-Type", "application/json") .body(payload) .asJson();It needs to be:HttpResponse<JsonNode> response = Unirest.post("https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue") .basicAuth("email@example.com", "<api_token>") .header("Accept", "application/json") .header("Content-Type", "application/json") .body(payload.toString()) .asJson();
HttpResponse<JsonNode> response = Unirest.post("https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue") .basicAuth("email@example.com", "<api_token>") .header("Accept", "application/json") .header("Content-Type", "application/json") .body(payload) .asJson();
It needs to be:
HttpResponse<JsonNode> response = Unirest.post("https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue") .basicAuth("email@example.com", "<api_token>") .header("Accept", "application/json") .header("Content-Type", "application/json") .body(payload.toString()) .asJson();
Hello @Schmidt_ Paul
I flagged this post for Atlassian, so someone can forward it to the respective team for documentation review.
Glad you can solve it
Best,
Arkadiusz🤠
Hi @Schmidt_ Paul
Thanks for reporting this inconsistency! I am passing over your feedback and request to update the documentation. Appropriate team will work on it according to their workflows and prioritization.
Anastasiia
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.