I have seen the docs and video to make this happen.
Yet, an issue is not getting created on sending and email.
What could be wrong? And how do I correct it?
Can you please give more information on the settings you used.
Once you have configured everything you can test your settings: What where the results?
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your quick response.
We have followed the instructions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-829827258.html
I have attached the screen shot of the page where we do the test. Looks like some email settings are missing. Can you guide on how to make that work?
Thanks,
it seems you have a connection setup with the mailbox but there are no mails inside.
Try sending a few emails to that email adres first if you did not do so yet.
Another problem could be that you have a configuration mistake in the first screen.
Make sure you selected the correct server (A mistake I made myself in the past and gave me the exact same results)
image2017-1-19 13:29:39.png
Dave,
I rechecked and corrected my connection which was successful as shown in the attachment.
But, yet, the email test fails, as shown in the second attachment.
What could be wrong?
Regards
ChetanEmail test fails.jpgConnecction Successful.jpg
Seems like the settings are ok.
Check if you can find anything in the log files and do a search on that error in google or bing.
Following page is a troubleshooting page for mail handlers.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mail-and-mail-handlers-troubleshooting-211649643.html
Here I found a link to this page. (could this be your problem)
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configuring-a-mail-handler-fails-due-to-logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password-125698050.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.