We need to track time but when I add Time tracking to context field it doesn't appear in the ticket details.
Hey Ivanna!
I would recommend following Configure time tracking to set this up.
Also, here is a great article that teaches you how to log time, Log time on a work item.
Hope this helps!
Hi @ivanna_demydiak
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
The first thing I would check: verify that the user who is supposed to view and log work has the necessary "Time Tracking Permissions," such as "View Work Item Hours" or "Work on Issues."
Another reason the "Time tracking" field may not be visible is the show/hide setting in the "Field Configuration Scheme".
Hello @ivanna_demydiak ,
Good day! Welcome to Atlassian Community
There are few things you need to check:
Verify global time tracking is enabled under Jira Settings → Workitems → Time tracking -> If Jira time tracking is selected
Check the "Work on Issues" permission for your users on the required space/project
Confirm the field isn't hidden in the Field Configuration
Ensure it's added to the workitem layout
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.