Hi community,
I'm trying to roll up subtask original estimates to the parent story automatically in a team-managed Jira project.
What I've already tried:
- Edit work item → Additional fields JSON
json
<span>{ "fields": { "timeoriginalestimate": ... } }</span>Result: field ignored — timeoriginalestimate not available in team-managed
- Edit work item → timetracking JSON
json
<span>{ "fields": { "timetracking": { "originalEstimate": "..." } } }</span>Result: edits the subtask itself, not the parent — no "Parent of trigger work item" option in team-managed dropdown
- Send web request PUT to REST API
<span>https://mysite.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/{{triggerIssue.parent.key}}</span>Result: 404 — smart value doesn't resolve in URL field
What I need:
When a subtask's original estimate is updated → calculate sum of all sibling subtasks' original estimates → write total to parent story's original estimate field → visible in backlog without entering each story.
Questions:
- What is the correct smart value for parent issue key in Send web request URL?
- Is there any other approach (branch, lookup, etc.) that works in team-managed?
- Does
triggerIssue.parent.subtasks.originalEstimateSeconds.sum work in team-managed at all?
Thanks!