Hi everyone,
I'm looking for the current status, and any roadmap visibility, on programmatically **creating Insights** on JPD ideas, either through the REST API or through the Atlassian MCP server.
Today I can read and manipulate a lot of JPD data programmatically, but I haven't found a supported way to *write* Insights onto an idea. From what I can tell, Insights still have to be added manually in the UI. Please correct me if I've missed an endpoint or an MCP capability.
**Why this matters for us**
We've automated a large part of our discovery pipeline (collecting customer feedback, support tickets, research notes, etc.). In that context, writing Insights by hand has very little value: the content already exists upstream and is processed automatically. What we actually need is the ability to have insights *reviewed and pushed automatically*, for example via MCP, so the human effort goes into deciding what's relevant rather than copy-pasting it into JPD. Insights can be powerful to evaluate how a discovery goes, and at which pace, but manual writing prevents us from using it today.
**My questions**
1. Is there currently any supported way to create an Insight on a JPD idea via the public REST API?
2. Is creating Insights on the roadmap for the Atlassian MCP server?
3. If neither exists today, is there a planned timeline, or an existing feature request I should vote on / follow?
Thanks a lot, happy to share more about our use case if it helps.