I'm on Confluence Cloud.
I'm trying to update (or even create) a page which will have 1,510,252 characters/bytes (NOT words - it has 101,233 words) by pasting the content into the page editor. After pasting, the browser tab freezes, and I can never update or save it.
This happens on both Chrome and Firefox. It happens with smaller sized content too - 959,889 characters/bytes - NOT words (it has 83,425 words).
My Windows 11 laptop has 32 GB RAM and I've started both Chrome and FF with more memory - as much as 8 GB, but it doesn't help.
I've read that Confluence Cloud officially allows 800,000 words or 5 MB per page, and this content is far smaller than that.
Am I mistaken? Or is there a different limit that I have not read about?
(PS: The answer is NOT to break the page into multiple pages. For business reasons, I cannot break up the page into multiple pages)