Hello Community,
I would like to use knowledge of other admins as I'm already struggling few days with very specific topic.
We have workflow between Jira Product Discovery and Jira related to very simple Requirements management (RM). Now we would like to move this RM from JPD to Confluence. My idea is that JPD Idea will have linked Confluence page with described requirements from customer. Once everything is aligned, we will put Confluence page to "Read only" to be sure that this aligned requirement won't be changed and based on this, tasks in JIRA Related to this Confluence Page mentioned in JPD will be created.
JPD and Jira tasks will be linked properly for traceability, Confluence link will be carried via Custom field from JPD to end point level of Task/Sub-task if required. I have to be sure that all assignees and reporters are aware of product documentation in Confluence and for this i have to put them as Watchers on Confluence page.
My Bottleneck
I'm not able to manage manually check if all assignees (from Initiative-Epic-Task/Story) are added as watchers on each Confluence page, this will be extremely time consuming. I would like to use automation for this but so far I was not able to build proper flow.
I've tried also Rovo but provided steps has not been accurate.
My Idea for how logic will work is following
Trigger
Confluence link (Custom field) is updated
or
Assignee is updated
or
Reporter is updated
(these are users which have to be aware of documentation in confluence)
THEN
Read link in Custom field Confluence link
THEN
add mentioned users (Assignee and Reporter) as Watchers on Confluence page in link
Rovo provided solution via Web Request, but when i set up this I've been receiving Response 302 and there has been no name or email of user mentioned and basically automation has not been working at all.
I would like to use webhook option it seem logical solution for my situation but I've not been able to find any tutorial how to properly set-up this. (Method, Header, Request body)
Has anybody faced similar workflow and has been able to automate this?
Thank you all in advance.