Context
We have two external customers who have licensed accounts on our Jira Software Cloud site. They have access to a specific project as intended, but we've noticed they can also see our full internal user list in places they shouldn't.
Issue 1 — Assignee filter dropdown
In the "All work" view (new Jira UI), when a user clicks the Assignee filter button, a dropdown appears listing all users on the site. External customers can see all internal team members there. We want to hide this user list from them.
Issue 2 — Assignee column in the table
Even if we solve the filter dropdown, the Assignee column in the issue list still shows internal team member names inline for every issue. Is there a way to hide or restrict that as well?
What I've tried / what I know
- For Issue 1, I believe removing the
Browse users and groups global permission from the external customers' group should stop the user list appearing in the dropdown. Is that correct? - For Issue 2, I'm not sure if there's a native way to hide a column for a specific group of users, or whether Issue Security / Permission Scheme changes are the right approach here.
Questions
- Is revoking
Browse users and groups the correct and complete solution for the Assignee filter dropdown, or are there side effects I should be aware of? - Is there a supported way to hide the Assignee column (or mask the values in it) from external users in the "All work" view, without affecting internal users?
Environment
Jira Software Cloud (new UI)
External customers have licensed user accounts (not portal-only)