As a manager I want to follow certain issues, and get updates as changes are made. I am neither the owner or the assignee for the issue. Is there a feature to track or follow an issue and get notifications when changes are made?
That's pretty much the story for "watching issues" - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Watching+and+Voting+on+an+Issue
(and ignore the voting bit)
Exactly what I needed, thanks for the prompt response. I spent about an hour looking through the documentation and couldn't find this.
Thank you.
Jira has a lot of functions, which is great for power and flexibility, but it makes the documentation really hard work. It can be really hard to find what you're looking for when you haven't been given the right words to look for. I'd have struggled to find "watchers" as well.
Yeah, thanks. Not really faulting the documentation as I was searching for "track issues" which of course was getting about a billion hits on an issue tracking system. Anyway I got the watchers feature turned on in a snap and it's exactly what I needed.
Cheers!
I wanted to add there are two (2) solutions. There is "watching" (that I see you have already been made aware of). There is also "sharing." In the upper right hand corner of the ticket, the issue can be "shared" with you; which also provides you automated emails every time there is a ticket update.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.