Hi everyone,
I'm trying to integrate the Atlassian Remote MCP Server with a third-party MCP client and I'm looking for some clarification regarding official support and OAuth configuration.
According to the documentation, the server exposes:
MCP endpoint: <a href="https://mcp.atlassian.com/v1/mcp/auth" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://mcp.atlassian.com/v1/mcp/auth</a>
Authorization endpoint: <a href="https://mcp.atlassian.com/v1/authorize" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://mcp.atlassian.com/v1/authorize</a>
Token endpoint: <a href="https://cf.mcp.atlassian.com/v1/token" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://cf.mcp.atlassian.com/v1/token</a>
Registration endpoint: <a href="https://cf.mcp.atlassian.com/v1/register" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://cf.mcp.atlassian.com/v1/register</a>
When configuring the MCP server in Microsoft Copilot Studio, the connection fails during Dynamic Client Registration with the following error:
Failed to login.
GetDynamicClientRegistrationResultAsync failed.
Status Code: Unauthorized
{
"error": "invalid_token",
"error_description": "Missing or invalid access token"
}I'd like to understand whether this is an expected behavior or if I'm missing any required configuration.
My questions are:
Is Microsoft Copilot Studio officially supported as an MCP client for the Atlassian Remote MCP Server?
Does the <a href="https://cf.mcp.atlassian.com/v1/register" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://cf.mcp.atlassian.com/v1/register</a> endpoint support Dynamic Client Registration (RFC 7591) for external clients?
Is there any additional authentication or registration step required before calling the registration endpoint?
Should new integrations use /v1/mcp/auth or /v1/mcp/authv2?
Has anyone successfully connected Microsoft Copilot Studio (or another MCP client using OAuth/DCR) to the Atlassian Remote MCP Server?
Any guidance or working examples would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!