I am Jira admin. I have received a request to access Jira sent by a member of my workspace. He requested for a strange email adress. When I asked him about it he wrote me that he never requested access for anyone. It is the second time I get a strange request from the user. What to do?
👋 Hello, @Mareile Faessler !
When a user lands in an app they don’t have access to, we prompt them to request access. This can happen when a user without access opens an app link shared by someone who has access.
What users can request depends on if they already have access to one of your apps.
Do you recognize this user who requested the help and who is not from your workspace?
Another situation could be that someone who is from your workspace shared a link to a task, or something similar, with this other user, and when they tried to access it, since they didn't have permission, they ended up on the request screen.
I hope this helps! 😉
Hey @Jean Horn
thank you for your message. In the request there was a strange email address included with our domain that does not exist. So it is safe to say that it was not a mistake to click on a link...Â
I understand your situation. Is this strange address within your company's email domain?
In any case, when you reject the request, the user will not be able to make further requests.
Yes it is a strange (non existing) email address within my company's email domain. It is the second time I receive a request from this employee and the second time he said he did not send it.Â
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.