I have a custom field with drop downs. I need to upload a new list and disable the old list of names. How can I go about doing this as a bulk. It is requiring me to go one by one on each.
Hi @Maria D Perez
Unfortunately there is no native bulk-disable UI for dropdown options in Jira Cloud — you're right that the standard field configuration screen forces you to do it one by one.
The supported workaround is the REST API. Use the "Update custom field options (context)" endpoint: PUT /rest/api/3/field/{fieldId}/context/{contextId}/option
@Maria D Perez Am I misunderstanding your question?
Disabling drop-down selections and adding new ones is done via the field context of the custom field itself. Updating work items with old values to newer ones is done via a filter based on the field+value. From the filter results, you can do a bulk update.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.