Hi everyone,
My company is in the process of migrating from Confluence Data Center to Cloud and I'm looking for advice from anyone who has dealt with a similar situation.
Our setup:
We are in the middle of creating a People Portal wiki with 150+ pages (and still growing) that serves as a self-service HR resource for all employees at our company. Over the past year, we carefully built every page using Panel, Section, and Column macros to create a clean, organized layout.
The problem:
After migration, all of this content gets wrapped in the legacy content macro. The pages:
- Don't look the same as they did in Data Center — formatting is broken/off
- Cannot be duplicated to create new pages
- Cannot be used as templates going forward
My main question:
Am I missing something about legacy content? Can it actually be edited in a meaningful way? From what I can tell, the editing capabilities are extremely limited — I can change text, but I can't restructure the layout, add/move macros, or really do anything beyond minor text updates. If there's a way to properly work with legacy content that I'm not seeing, I'd love to know.
If not, that means we're looking at completely redesigning 150+ pages from scratch with no way to continue building new pages in the same format.
Also looking for:
- Has anyone found a good workflow for rebuilding a large number of pages like this in Cloud?
- Are there any marketplace apps (Aura, etc.) that have helped replicate Panel/Section/Column layouts in Cloud?
- Any tips for making this process more efficient at scale?
- Is there any way to bulk-convert or batch-update legacy content pages?
Any advice or shared experiences would be really appreciated. Thank you!