Here's my setup:
- Jira checks my GMAIL every 5 minutes, since I want to keep a copy of the email in my inbox I setup JIRA to look for my Tickets folder which in gmail is named as labels.
- The problem is, I can't mark one email only with the "tickets" tag. Gmail marks a whole conversation with a group of emails.
- Let's say in the group of emails marked as tickets all subjects are the same. The only difference is that the subject sometimes starts with "RE:" or "FWD:".
- In JIRA email handler I have chosen "Create issue or add a comment to" expecting that when the title is the same it would create a ticket and then add the following emails with the same title as comments to it. Isn't what it was supposed to do?
- The way it acts now is creating a ticket for each email, doesn't matter if the title is the same. So a conversation of 6 emails become 6 tickets instead one ticket and 5 comments