I need to migrate to the Free version of Jira, to maintain our team's Issues and Wiki. What is the best way to do this? I can prune our users down to 10. Do we lose any other features going this route?
Hello and welcome to Community @amkennedy
depends on what you really want to keep.🤔
Code only → Bitbucket Free may work if you have 5 or fewer users.
Issues → migrate to Jira Free if 10 or fewer users is enough.
Wiki → move to Confluence Free only if the open permission model is acceptable.
We can help you better if we understand what you're trying to achieve.?
Best
Arkadiusz 🤠
Thanks. I'm trying to keep code and issues. We can pare down to less than 10 users, I just need to know the best way to migrate. This is an academic account.
@amkennedy
I recommend splitting the content by....
Purpose: move your Issues to Jira Free and your Wiki to Confluence Free. Both tiers support up to 10 users and 2 GB of storage, though you will lose advanced permission controls.
Note that Bitbucket's Free plan is capped at 5 users, so reducing to 10 won't be enough if you want to keep your code repositories free too. Export your Issues via repository settings, clone your Wiki locally, import them into Jira and Confluence, and make sure your user counts fit the respective 5 and 10-user limits before downgrading.
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/export-issue-data-to-jira-cloud/
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Bitbucket-articles/Announcing-sunset-of-Bitbucket-Issues-and-Wikis/ba-p/3193882
Both of these KB articles should be really helpful for you.
Best,
Arkadiusz🤠☀️
We currently have 13 users (which I can decrease to 10 but not 5), so we are losing our free code repos too? This is a disaster! We have so many repos!!! This is a major univ research program, but no way to fund out these small accessory accounts like Jira. Is there no free tier for University accounts?? Thanks again.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.