Since our recent migration/upgrade, smart query no longer works. For example "my open bugs" just searches for that in the text across all projects - excuse me - SPACES. Where is the setting to enable it? My JITA Admin has no idea either
Hello @Neal Applebaum
Find recent work items | Jira Cloud | Atlassian Support
To turn it on, click your profile icon in the top right, go to Personal settings, scroll down to the Jira labs section, and enable Quick search smart queries.
Once that's active, you can use the global search bar at the top (or just press /) to type shorthand phrases like "my open bugs." Just keep in mind that this is separate from the newer natural-language AI search via Rovo, which does require your site admin to enable globally.
Best
Arkadiusz
Hi @Neal Applebaum ,If you are on Premium or Enterprise Jira plan, "ASK AI" option will be available where you can use smart queries in the global search.Organization admin would have to enable the Atlassian AI features for Jira app at global level to use these features.
Yes, thanks - ChatGPT gave the same answer. But there is no option in the JIRA Labs section to enable Quick Search smart queries. All I see is a useless note (see picture). Our JIRA admin does not know how to enable
I don't have a Ask AI button I do have a Ask Rovo button on the right, which after 30 seconds provided a useless response. I've been using JIRA for over 20 years and rely on smart query searching; all of a sudden it's just gone!
Hi Neal,I agree the search experience has changed from the older smart query behavior, but Rovo should still handle these queries reasonably well as shown in the below snapshot.Please try tweaking the prompt a bit and see if that helps with the results.
Hi - thanks I did try that but it was less than useless. I typed in BCARE BB1 so that should find all tickets in BCARE project with text BB1. Instead it gave me a whole document of ideas. I just wanted that to save me doing an explicit search by project which now seems the only way to do it
@Neal Applebaum
Try one quick test: hit / to pop open the quick search and type my open bugs. Does it actually filter your tickets, or does it just treat it as a plain text search? It's also worth asking a teammate on the same site if they can see the toggle on their end.
The official documentation still states the same thing shown in the screenshot you attached.
If it's missing for everyone and the search shorthand doesn't work, it's time to have your admin flag this to Atlassian Support.
Yup - that's exactly what I tried, and it just does a text search "my open bugs"
Hi @Neal Applebaum,
Apologies for delay on my end!I created a ticket on your behalf with the support team - JST-1313851.
Check your email for updates!
Best,
Anastasiia
No worries at all! We know you guys from Atlassian support are doing your best.
Now, I'll transfer you to the competent hands of @Anastasiia Dimnych and other support staff.
OK, thanks for helping. I did not receive any email yet
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.