I have worked this every which way to Sunday and just can't not figure it.
I have a form that 3 Status: New User, Modify User, Terminate and it collects a bunch of data (contact, email, email distribution list, location, ext.)
New User - No automation needs to happen
Modify User - Take the user's email and make a REST API out to Snipe-IT using the email, get a response back for the userid, then issue another REST API call back out to Snipe-IT to get all the assets user has been assigned, then get that response back and post the response in a field on the form.
Seems simple enough, but I can not even get the automation to trigger. I tried a simple trigger such as edit form and then add a note to the audit log. Nother.
In a command prompt outside of Jira I can run a REST API and it gets authenticated and I do get a response, so I know that part works
Has anyone done this before? What am I missing?
Terry
NOTES:
This is a Company-Managed Space
At this point, I'm just trying to get the form to trigger and write to the Audit Log
The Audit Log never gets an entry.
1.) can I trigger an automation when I open the form after it was created, so basically edit the form. Check to make sure there is an email in the field Employee Email. If so, write to the Audit Log.
Once I can trigger the automation, I will work on actually doing what I want which is run an GET REST API call to Snipe-IT and retrieve the users (Employee Email) assets that have been assigned.
