Hi,
I have one automation that creates a ticket in SNOW. I get the result SNOW Number field. I tried to save this in the custom field so that I can use this same variable value for the update automation flow. ( as SNOW will need this to update the issue) But it is not working. Can you help with the exact action that will help me save this variable value to the particular issue ( it cannot be a global variable as it will change for different issue creation requests)
Hi @vishalkalra
So your jira automation makes a rest call to snow and in response it gets the snow id and want to find the best way to store it in a jira field? like this
Hello @vishalkalra
@Fazila Ashraf 's answer is likely the correct answer.
However, for future reference, in order to help you debug your Automation Flow we generally need the following information:
1. Screen images that show your entire Flow.
2. Screen images that show the details of each step, if the full details aren't available in the flow diagram bubbles.
3. The full details from the flow execution audit log for an instance where the flow executed and you expected it to work but it did not.
Problems in Automations often occur because of the context in which the steps execute. Without that context we can't accurately advise you as to why the flow doesn't work as expected.
Hi @Fazila Ashraf , @Trudy P Claspill
Thanks for your response. I tried the same but when I try to log the SNOW number value that I have saved in the custom field, it does not print it.
PFA the relevant screenshots.
Can you provide the information I requested in my original response?
Without the complete details of the Automation and it's output I'm not able to provide advice on how to debug it.
What you have provided is only a portion of the flow. It doesn't show us how you are using the Automation to create information in SNOW, nor how you are getting or processing a response from that action.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill ,
PFA the screenshot for the entire flow.
When I see the logs, I see the value for the {{SNOWRecordNumber}} is getting logged correctly, but after assigning this same value via Edit Work item action to the custom field and then logging the custom field, it does not show it.
After editing the work item you need to execute a Re-fetch Data action to get the current data for the work item. Otherwise your log action may be printing cached data from the work item obtained before it was edited.
Please also show us the details where you are setting the custom field within the Edit action and the details of the step following that where you are trying to write the data from that custom field into the log.
Lastly the images of your flow still are not showing the entire flow since the last visible action is the Edit but you have said you are logging data after that.
Yes, and...to the other suggestions provided:
Your rule appears to use the Work Item Created trigger...and that one can have racetrack timing problems where all of the data may not be available to the rule before it starts. Thus if the Send Web Request action is relying upon data from the trigger work item, it may be missing.
I recommend two changes to mitigate that trigger problem:
Additionally, although not used in your rule shown, I recommend never using conditions directly in rule triggers such as Work Item Created. Because of the racetrack timing problems, the missing data will lead to unpredictable results in the conditions. Instead, add the conditions after the re-fetch action noted earlier.
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.