I have many Service Desk projects for many different real world "Events".
What we would like to do is to only maintain 1 Service Desk project but the Events visible to a Service Desk user in a drop down field are determined on the Organization that the Service Desk user belongs to.
I have tried using Assets, filtering on "Filter issue scope". This works with Attributes of Objects, with a filter such as
(objectType = "EventTypeA" or objectType = "EventTypeB") and "Organization" IN "TestOrgA"
where the Organization is literally stated
but what I want to do is base the drop down list on the current user's Organization.
I've tried
(objectType = "EventTypeA" or objectType = "EventTypeB") and "Organization" IN {reporter.organization}
which doesn't return anything in the drop down
and
(objectType = "EventTypeA" or objectType = "EventTypeB") and "Organization" IN ${reporter.organization}
which gives
The AQL query contains one or more placeholder values that are invalid or incorrectly formatted.
(objectType = "EventTypeA" or objectType = "EventTypeB") and "Organization" IN \${reporter.organization}
which gives
AQL syntax error, please enter a valid query.
(objectType = "EventTypeA" or objectType = "EventTypeB") and "Organization" IN {currentUser.organization}
which doesn't return anything in the drop down
I have also tried adding the Organization field to the create screen, so I could then populate the Event drop down field based on this selection, but the Organization field is never available in the config for a create screen, only for view and edit screens.
I have seen conflicting advice online saying I can add the organization field to a create screen and also that it is prevented.
Can anyone suggest a way of doing this?
Thanks!