Hi everyone, I am new to Jira and recently started at a company that uses Jira, though I’m coming from several years of working heavily in Monday.com. I can see some similarities between the two platforms, but I’m having trouble finding a clear, up-to-date guide or something that explains Jira’s current structure and terminology in comparison to Monday.com.
For example, both platforms seem to use concepts like workspaces, boards, tasks/issues, views, etc., but I’m not fully sure which terms actually translate cleanly and which function differently in Jira.
I’ve also noticed that a lot of Jira tutorials, documentation, and videos seem to reference older layouts or terminology, which has made learning the current Jira experience more confusing. Even more, in my work Jira account, I don’t see some sections that appear in my personal test/sandbox Jira account, such as a “Projects” section in the bottom-left navigation, which makes me wonder if some features are legacy, permission-based, or tied to different Jira setups.
I’ll eventually be involved in helping migrate work from older systems into Jira and may have the opportunity to suggest process improvements, so I’m trying to build a strong understanding of modern Jira without accidentally disrupting our real workspace.
Does anyone know of any current resources or simple translation chart for Monday.com users learning Jira? Any help understanding the modern Jira, what knowledge transfers well from Monday.com, or what I should think about differently in Jira would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.