When I am in the backlog, or other list issues open in the sidebar rather than in their own tab or in a popup. When issues DO open in their own tab, then the pinned fields box is at the top of the list of fields (where I would expect them to be).
However, in the sidebar view, they are buried in the middle of the list - this is very frustrating because jira has effectively taken the most important fields and hidden them away behind a scroll - in the one place where I want to quickly switch between issues!
Rovo tells me that I cannot move the pinned fields to the top in any way, nor can I change the backlog behaviour to open issues in a popup or own tab. The only fix is ctrl-click and that requires me to switch to the new tab anyway.
This seems like it should be possible to change?