I'm looking for a solution to add an admin group to all filters and dashboards. After our cloud migration we need to standardize access and our admins can see and access all filters and boards.
I've already looked a bit into the api: https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.6.1/?_ga=2.79114772.1476107635.1526884318-593458345.1525875113#api/2/filter-addSharePermission
I was wondering if there was an easier way for a non programmer to tackle this?
Hello @Shawn Jamison
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
First, the link you provided is for the Jira Server/DC API. If you need to update information in Jira Cloud you need to reference its API documentation.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-filter-sharing/#api-group-filter-sharing
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-dashboards/#api-rest-api-3-dashboard-id-put
Natively there is no UI to assist with making these types of changes, unfortunately. The APIs are the only available option.
There might be a third party app available in the Atlassian Marketplace. I've never tried to find such an app so I don't know if one exists.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.