I would like to create Initiative's which is one level above Epics. I have about 150 Epic's that needs to be cloned as Initiative's. is it possible to do a bulk change so that i don't have to replicate and create each individual one ?
Hello @Vani Jayanthi
Can you please clarify if you want to change the exiting Epics into Initiatives, or do you want to copy the existing Epics so that you end up with 150 Epics and 150 Initiatives?
Both are possible if you have sufficient permissions, but the steps are different.
Hi @Vani Jayanthi
I just wanted to provide an alternative to Automation here that can be sometimes rather difficult to maintain over time.I work for Elements Copy & Sync and many people use the app to solve the exact same use case as yours, meaning bulk cloning Jira issues and changing their work item type at once.
The configuration is quick and easy:
I want to copy/clone the Epics into Initiatives which is one level above.
Thank you for that clarification @Vani Jayanthi
What is your level of access for this Jira system? Are you an end user only, the administrator of your project/space, or a Jira Application Administrator?
In what type of project/space are the Epics contained? You can get that information from the Type column on the View All Spaces page, or by clicking the ... button next to the Space name in the panel on the left and reviewing the last TWO lines in the pop-up.
Do you want to create the Initiatives in the same project/space where the Epics currently exist?
If not in the same project, what is the Space type of the space in which you want to create the Initiatives?
Can you confirm that you have access to manually create Initiatives in that project through the UI?
Can you formulate a filter that retrieves the Epics you want to clone?
Jira does not natively have a Bulk Clone feature available in the UI. This could be accomplished natively using an Automation Rule that executes a filter to retrieve the Epics and then steps through that list to clone each Epic. Automation Rules can always be created by Jira Administrators, and they may choose to enable Project Administrators to also make rules. If you are unfamiliar with Automation Rules and need more specific guidance, answers to the above questions will be necessary.
I have admin access to this jira space but I am not a Jira application administrator. I have the ability to create Initiatives as it has been enabled. For now i want all the initiatives to be created in the same jira space where the epics reside. I want to clone all the epics that's in this jira space to initiatives. hope this helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.