Hi Team, I am working on a Jira integration/migration use case where I am trying to use a service account with an API token (Basic Authentication) to call Jira REST APIs such as creating issues and uploading attachments. Currently, everything is working perfectly when I use a personal user account with an API token, but the same APIs are failing when I use the service account API token. I have already verified that the service account is created correctly, the API token is valid, and I am using the correct authorization format (Authorization: Basic base64(email:api_token)). I have also ensured that the service account has proper project permissions like Browse Projects, Create Issues, Edit Issues, and Create Attachments, and it is added to the required groups/roles. Despite this, the APIs are still not working with the service account while they work fine with the personal account. I would like to understand if there are any differences in how service account API tokens work compared to user API tokens, if there are any additional configurations or limitations for service accounts in Jira Cloud, and whether there are any special requirements for using APIs like attachments with service accounts.
Also given all the permission.Any guidance on this would be helpful as I want to use a service account instead of a personal account for automation purposes.