The documentation of the API doesn't say much about the actual POST body:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-remote-links/#api-rest-api-3-issue-issueidorkey-remotelink-post
1. Where do you find your application name and type:
"application": { "name": "My Acme Tracker", "type": "com.acme.tracker" },
2. Where do you find globalId:
"globalId": "system=http://www.mycompany.com/support&id=1",
I have appLink setup for 2 Jira instances, I'm trying to link two Jira issues (one on each site) together.
Application name and type id seems to be from this undocumented API: /rest/applinks/latest/applicationlinkYou parse them out of the XML returned.
Global id seems to be used as the unique key for the remote link. You can pass whatever you want (I tried "whatever") and it will work. The same REST API is used to both create and update remote links, and the value of global id is what determines if you are updating or creating. So I can simply use the remote issue's URL as global id.
"application": { "name": "JIRA", "type": "com.atlassian.jira" }If you want the link to show up in linked work items section.
With type set to "com.atlassian.jira", globalId needs to be:
appId=[Application Link ID]&issueId=[Issue ID]But if you provide wrong issue id, the error message still only complains about your correct appId.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.